Privacy and Cookies Policy
Page updated: October 2019
1. What's in this policy?
This policy tells you:
- what information we might collect about you
- how we might use that information
- when we might use your details to contact you
- what information of yours we might share with others
- your choices about the personal information you give us
2. What does this policy cover?
This policy covers the services that are offered by The Bayfront Club.
What's not covered in this policy?
Our services sometimes link to services run by other companies' services, like links to reviews or videos on other sites. Those companies have their own privacy and cookies policies, so remember that the information you give them will follow their rules and not ours.
3. How do you protect my personal information?
We're strongly committed to keeping you and your family's information safe. And to do this we design our services with your safety in mind.
At the same time, no service can be completely secure - if you have any concerns that your personal information has been put at risk, please get in touch straight away.
Where we store your information
We only store your information on servers located within the United States of America. Keep in mind that when you give us personal information it could be being transferred via infrastructure outside the USA.
4. What types of personal information does The Bayfront Club collect about me?
We'll give you details about why we need your personal information and how we'll use it before you begin, unless it's obvious.
a. Information that you give us
We might ask for your name and contact details, or details about an event, depending on what you're doing.
b. Device information
Devices are lots of things like:
- your computer
- your cell phone
- your tablet
- your voice-enabled device
We use trackers (from Google, for example) that automatically collect some technical information from these devices and web browsers even when you're not signed into one of our sites, or filling out a form. This might include:
- IP (internet protocol) address
- device ID
- app ID
- vendor ID
- advertising ID
5. How long will The Bayfront Club keep my personal information?
When you give us any personal information, we always stick to these principles:
- we only hold your information for as long as we do the activities we told you about or have a valid reason to keep it
- we think about what type of information it is, the amount collected, how sensitive it might be and any legal requirements
6. How can The Bayfront Club use my personal information?
We only use your personal information if we have a valid reason to do so. We use your information for these types of things:
a. to deliver our services and to provide you with information about them
b. to deal with your requests, complaints and inquiries
c. to personalise services and give you things more tailored to your tastes
d. to help us understand what kind of services you might use
e. to recommend things we think might interest you
f. to research and innovate
g. to contact you about various things
7. When will The Bayfront Club use my information to contact me?
We might use your information to contact you about different things, like:
- to check with you about any service or activity you've signed up for. Great events require great communication.
- to answer you when you've contacted us, or to respond to a comment or complaint
- to invite you to take part in surveys about our services, which are always voluntary
- for marketing purposes
We'll only contact you when we need to or when you've given us permission.
We'll never contact you to ask for your account password.
8. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
We'll only send you marketing emails or contact you about our services if you've asked us to do this.
Keep in mind, even if you unsubscribe, we may still contact you.
9. When does The Bayfront Club share my personal information with others?
We'll never sell your personal information. We do share it with others in these ways:
a. When you make something public
Like post a comment which the public can see.
b. When we use other companies to power our services
In order for us to give you quality experiences and to understand how you're using our services we often use other companies to process your personal information on our behalf. For example, sending you emails about things we think might interest you, to ask you what you think about our services, or to analyse data on how people use our services so we can improve them.
We make sure that your personal information is looked after as if we were handling it directly. We carefully select these companies, only share with them what they need to do the work and we make sure they keep your information secure.
c. Sometimes by law we have to pass on your information to other organisations
We might also share your information if we have to by law, or when we need to protect you or other people from harm.
10. What's different for kids and teens?
The Bayfront Club never knowingly collects personal information from kids or teens. If you believe this has occurred, let us know and we'll remove that data from our databases.
11. Can I delete my information?
You can contact us and we'll remove you from our databases. Keep in mind:
- we keep a record of how you've used our services, but this information can't be linked back to you
- we also keep anything you've uploaded or commented on
a. What are cookies and tracking technologies?
Cookies are small text files which are transferred to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or app.
To do a few different things:
- to remember information about you, so you don't have to give it to us again. And again. And again
- to help us understand how people are using our services, so we can make them better
- to keep you signed in
Bear in mind there are some other cookies out there from other companies like Google. These "third-party cookies" might track how you use different websites, including ours. You can turn them off, but not through us.
c. How do cookies last?
Some are erased when you close the browser on your website or app. Others stay longer, sometimes forever, and are saved onto your device so that they're there when you come back.
e. How do I control my cookies and tracking?
Strictly necessary cookies are always on when you visit us.
Stopping all cookies might mean you can't access some of our services, or that some of them might not work properly for you.
One way to control some tracking is in the settings on your device.
13. How will I find out about changes to this policy?
We update this policy sometimes. If we make important changes, like how we use your personal information, we'll let you know. It might be a notice on our site, or an email
If you don't agree to the changes, then you can always stop using our services, ask us to remove your data, and stop giving us any more personal information. We'd be sorry to see you go.